Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Countdown to.... PITCHFORK!

I'm heading to Chicago this weekend for the fourth year of awesomeness in Union Park!
Pitchfork Music Festival!

As I study each band I'll make notes of what I believe their sound to be like.
I'll post these notes up on the blog. If anyone has extra comments about bands I should see... please give me some feedback!

Before I post the lineup below.. I'm going to say that I'm pumped to see Animal Collective outdoors. I've seen them a couple of times indoors closed off in a packed environment. And the last time I saw them (at the Dame in Lexington) they were amazing! I am looking forward to seeing Fleet Foxes. And Spoon! And Vampire Weekend.. And M. Ward!! And Bon Iver...

And the best part is meeting the people... loading on the sunscreen.. sunhats.. water... and just being in Chicago.

Here's the lineup for Sat and Sun. (I am skipping Friday so that I can see my friends BIG FRESH play in Louisville at Headliners that night. If you are in town.. come out! and see this super fun band.)

SATURDAY
Animal Collective
Jarvis Cocker
The Hold Steady
!!!
Vampire Weekend
Dizzee Rascal
Fleet Foxes
Caribou
Jay Reatard
Titus Andronicus
No Age
Atlas Sound
Extra Golden
Fuck Buttons
* Elf Power
The Ruby Suns
Icy Demons
A Hawk and a Hacksaw
Boban i Marko Markovic Orkestar

SUNDAY
Spoon
Dinosaur Jr.
Spiritualized
M. Ward
Ghostface and Raekwon
Les Savy Fav
The Apples in Stereo
Boris
Dirty Projectors
Times New Viking
Cut Copy
Bon Iver
Dodos
Occidental Brothers Dance Band International
King Khan & His Shrines
El Guincho
HEALTH
High Places
Mahjongg

more details: http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com/

1 comment:

William Benton said...

Looks pretty damn awesome.